LDR 531 Final Exam Guide
This Tutorial was purchased 38 times & rated A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- LDR 531 Guide.docx
1) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?
2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?
A. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed.
B. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective.
C. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments.
D. A manager with good interpersonal skills can help create a pleasant workplace.
3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?
A. Technical, decisional, and interpersonal
B. Technical, human, and conceptual
C. Interpersonal, informational, and decisional
D. Human, informational, and communication
4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
A. Corporate tactics
B. Human resources management
C. Organizational behavior
D. Corporate strategy
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do?
A. Observe human behavior.
B. Research human behavior.
C. Predict human behavior.
D. Detect human behavior.
6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?
D. Emotional labor
7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?
8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at birth and no amount of experience could alter them.
A. job satisfaction
D. situational factors
9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?
A. Extroverted, intuitive, judging, independent
B. Extroverted, sensing, judging, thinking
C. Extroverted, judging, independent, feeling
D. Sensing, perceiving, dependent, feeling
10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction?
11) You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction?
12) A group
A. generates positive synergy through coordinated effort
B. generates greater outputs with no increase in inputs
C. is two or more individuals interacting and interdependent
D. engages in collective work that requires joint effort
13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.
14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman's five stage model of group development?
A. Close relationships are developed.
B. The group demonstrates cohesiveness.
C. Intragroup conflict often occurs.
D. Groups disband.
15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following:
A. Role conflict
B. Role expectation
C. Role perception
D. Role identity
16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans?
C. Task structure
D. Initiating structure
17) Which statement regarding leadership is true?
A. Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively.
B. All managers are leaders.
C. All leaders are hierarchically superior to followers.
D. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence.
18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model?
A. Charisma, influence, and leader-member relations
B. Leader-member relations, task structure, and position power
C. Task structure, leadership ability, and group conflict
D. Emotional intelligence, group orientation, and employee status
19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called __________ theory.
B. cognitive resource
D. cognitive dissonance
20) Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful?
21) According the Path-Goal Theory, what leader is friendly and shows concern for the needs of followers?
A. Achievement-oriented leader
B. Laissez-faire leader
C. Participative leader
D. Supportive leader
22) Phrases such as “more cultural diversity,” “many new entrants with inadequate skills,” and “increase in aging workers” are all examples of what force for change?
B. World politics
C. Nature of the work force
23) What is a goal of planned change?
A. To change the forces of change
B. To alter the agents of change
C. To change employees’ responsibilities
D. To improve the ability to adapt to the environment
24) Using covert influence to overcome resistance to change is called what?
25) If individuals resisting change are included in making change decisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is this approach is called?
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of organizational control?
A. Formality orientation
B. Decision orientation
C. Team orientation
D. Managerial orientation
27) What term describes the key characteristic of organizational control that addresses the degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision?
B. attention to detail
28) Power is
A. a means for leaders to achieve goals
B. defined by leaders' hopes and aspirations
C. a goal in and of itself
D. not an influence on leaders' goals
29) Leaders achieve goals, and power is
A. defined by leaders’ hopes and aspirations
B. a means of achieving goals
C. a goal in and of itself
D. a strong influence on leaders’ goal
30) The most important aspect of power is probably that it _____.
A. is needed to get things done in an organization
B. is a function of dependency
C. tends to corrupt people
D. is counterproductive
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
LDR 531 Week 1 Quiz LDR 531 Week 1 Discussion Question 1 LDR 531 Week 1 Discussion Question 2 LDR 531 Week 2 Mentorship Agreement Form LDR 531 Week 2 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet LDR 531 Week 2 Individual Assignment Professional Development Plan LDR 531 Wee..
1) Transformational change in an organization 2) Political behavior in the work place 3) Hard power tactics best influence those with which following characteristic? 4) &nb..
While there is no blueprint or checklist that one can follow to guarantee the success of a business, much can be learned from analyzing those that have failed and those that have flourished during the same time period and under similar circumstances. Write a paper of no more than 2,000 words...
Complete the University Material: Week 6 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet. Clickthe Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
1) Which of the following is an example of an individual source of resistance to change? 2) Strategy of differentiation consists of which of the following? 3) Culture is most likely to be a liability..
Complete the 360 assessment. Discuss the benefits of using this assessment as a tool. Prepare a 350- to 1,050-word paper detailing the findings of the 360 assessment. Clickthe Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
Use the DiSC assessment results from your Learning Team members. Interview your mentor to gather information about your mentor’s organization, the department your mentor works in, and his or her job description. Write a plan that may be applied to your mentor’s department and that would i..
Complete the University Material: Week 5 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet. Clickthe Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
1) Why is Maslow’s theory criticized? 2) ________ are caused by a specific event, are very brief, and accompanied by distinct facial expressions. 3) Which of the following statements is true regardin..
As you continue to develop in your career, you will find that your responsibilities as a leader will increase. You will be tasked with many different jobs, such as managing conflict, handling communication challenges among your team members, or addressing organizational communication needs. As yo..
Complete the University Material: Week 4 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet. Clickthe Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
1) Which of the following terms best describes that occurs when two or more parties decided how to allocate scarce resource? 2) Shirley Shands is a hard worker but Debra, her manger, is irritated with her. While Debra concedes that S..
Discuss and choose, as a Learning Team, the most important barrier that you think creates a communication challenge within groups and teams, as highlighted in the “Barriers to Effective Communication” section in Ch. 11 of Organizational Behavior. Why did your team choose this particular barrier a..
Select and describe a leader you admire. Your selected leader may be either a real-life individual or a fictional character from television, the movies, or a book. Using leadership theories, nalyse your selected leader to identify characteristics and provide specific examples of leadership qualit..
Complete the University Material: Week 3 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
1) The leadership process that describes how a group operates in an open system with other groups is called 2) Ideological leaders will develop when the leader 3) Effective transformational leaders ..
Discuss this week’s objectives with your team. Your discussion should include the topics you feel comfortable with, any topics you struggled with, and how the weekly topics relate to application in your field. Prepare a 350- to 1,050-word paper detailing the findings of your discussion. ..
Assume you are the manager of your learning team and need to develop a plan that will address the characteristics of your group and yourself as the leader. This plan can be used to determine the needs of the learning team and is a tool for members to assess their skills, strengths, areas needing ..
Complete the University Material: Week 2 Mentorship Meeting Worksheet. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
Complete the UniversityMaterial: Mentorship Agreement Form. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. ..
1) Those with a ________ personality identity opportunities, show initiative, take action, and preserver until meaningful change occurs, compared to others who passively react to situations 2) _______ is an extrinsic means of motivat..
Read "The IRAC method of case study analysis." Select one legal case from a current event that has taken place within the past 2 years relevant to this week's objectives. Discuss the selected case with your Learning Team. Brief the selected case as a Learning Team.&n..